WhatsApp: how to know under what name my contact was saved?
Each of us has the ability to save WhatsApp contacts with whatever name you want.
Some people use acronyms or nicknames to, for example, distinguish their acquaintances from work with their loved ones. On other occasions, they keep a contact equal to the pseudonym they use affectionately to refer to that person.
The names we have on this list are not normally disclosed, making it ‘a mystery’ to many.
But if you ever wonder how someone else is saving it to your phone, follow the steps below. This simple ‘trick’ works for both Android and Iphone.
(You may also be interested in: The possible risks behind alternate versions of WhatsApp).
– Enter any WhatsApp chat.
– Ask that contact to send you the same number through the application, not by writing the numbers as a message.
– To do this, the other person must click on their profile, located in the green strip above the chat, and press the three buttons in the upper right corner.
– Among the options that will appear, you must press the ‘share’ option.
(You can read: Whatsapp will block user accounts that use Whatsapp plus)
– WhatsApp will display a list of all your contacts. The person must click on their name.
– Finally, the other user presses the green arrow that appears in the lower right part of the screen and you will immediately receive the information.
Finally, remember that at present it is almost impossible to completely hide any data, therefore, it is recommended be careful about the names you assign to your contacts in order to avoid inconvenience.
(You may also be interested in: This way you can control your privacy on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram)