How to record screen in Windows 10 (different methods)
If we need to record the screen of our PC with Windows 10 we will offer various methods to achieve that goal. It does not matter if we want to record a game or a process to upload a tutorial to YouTube, with a few simple steps, we will be able to record everything.
If we have a PC with Windows 10 and we want to record the screen of our computer, we are in luck, since in this version of the Microsoft software there is a very simple method to record the screen and it is pre-installed at the factory.
Furthermore, at present there are infinite ways to record the screenEither recording a process to explain something, such as a download and its subsequent installation, or recording a game of video games. Whatever it is for, these programs that we are going to explain below are going to be very useful.
Let’s start by explaining the Windows 10 native method by Xbox and then we will review other ways to record the screen of our computer with other programs, such as VLC.
Xbox Game Bar, the easiest way to record the screen in Windows 10
It is the simplest method, yes, but has some limitations. For example, with Xbox Game Bar we will only record the tab that we have open, everything that is around is not recorded. That is, if we are recording a process, we must know that everything we do outside of the initial tab will not be recorded.
This is because the Xbox Game Bar is designed to record games of video games, not to record tutorials with different tabs, dialog boxes and so on. Still it can be useful if we want to show some tricks of Word, for example.
- We have to go to the search bar and type this “Capture Settings”.
- Once there we change the parameters we need, for example, the recording time, where we want the captures to be saved, record in the background, activate the audio, if we want the cursor to appear in the recordings, etc.
- To activate the Xbox Game Bar, we can search for it in the Windows 10 search bar or press this key combination: Win + G.
- Recording does not work on the desktop or in the file explorer, so to start recording we have to open a game, even if it is Minesweeper or a screen like Word, or a web page.
- To start the recording, click on the icon that we marked in the previous capture.
- A timer automatically appears showing the duration of the recording and a button to stop it, as well as an icon to turn the microphone on and off.
- In our case, because we have indicated so, the recording appears in a folder that we have called Screenshots. By default it is saved in the Videos folder in the “This computer” section.
How to record screen with VCL in Windows 10
Version 4.0 of the video player software is about to hit the market, but they also intend to leave a time capsule on the surface of the Moon before the end of 2021.
The first thing we have to do to record our screen using VCL is to download and install the software from its official website and then follow these simple steps:
- Once the VCL player opens, click on Medium and then on Convert.
- Now we enter the tab Capture device.
- The first parameter that appears, we change it to Desktop and choose the frame rate per second we want to capture.
- Click on Convert / save and another dialog box opens where we have to choose the folder where we want to save the screen recordings and it will be in MP4 format.
- And click on Start, the program will start recording everything we do.
- When we stop it, we locate the recording and can edit and share it from within the VCL software itself.
Other options to capture the screen
If, for whatever reason, these two that we have explained do not convince us, we are going to give you other ideas. In this case, as we always do at Computer Hoy, we recommend legal and real options.
- VClip: a free option that exists for Windows and is downloaded from your official Web. We can record the screen in different video formats, and it even lets us record only a specific part of the screen.
- Monosnap: It is a free application that is downloaded from the official Web that works for Windows and Mac, and that lets us change the recording quality of the fps, if we record with webcam or not, etc.
- OBS Studio: It is one of the most popular options and can be used on Windows PC, Mac or Linux. Quick and easy download from the official Web and allows us to stream with webcam. The software is very complex, but it is also very complete and there are countless options and possibilities.