What are the Windows Media Creation Tool in Windows 10, what are they for and how do they work
If you want to install updates or download Windows 10 to install it on another computer, then you are interested in knowing what Windows Media Creation Tool is.
It is a tool that will allow you update your computer in a matter of seconds or legally download Windows 10 to install it on another computer quickly and easily, either with a USB or with a DVD.
Windows Media Creation Tool, so you can access
This tool is in the Microsoft official website. There you have the option to update the equipment or download the tool.
In this case, choose the option Download the tool now. In a few seconds the download is finished, you click on it and it runs. Following, You accept the license terms and it would already be installed.
Now comes the important thing and that is that they will ask you what you want to do, whether to update the equipment or create an installation medium.
Update your computer with Windows Media Creation Tool
When you are in the screen that we show under this line of text, select Update this device now and click Next.
If you have a pending update, it will start a percentage progression of the installation to add everything that is missing, otherwise, if there is no pending update, you will probably get an error message and that means that everything is updated to the latest version.
If you want to make sure your computer is up to date, you can press the keys Win + I -> System -> About. There you will see the version of Windows 10 that you have installed on your computer.
If the data marked with the arrow matches the one indicated by Windows Media Creation Tool then it will mean that your computer is already updated to its most recent version. Otherwise, it will easily update and install everything that the tool deems appropriate.
Another very important piece of information is that at the end of the update download it is quite likely that they will ask you for the Windows password, and this is where You could find yourself in trouble if you have a fake or inactivated password.
How to download Windows 10 to a USB or DVD to install it on another PC
Since it is rare today that there are DVD players in laptops and towers, we are going to explain how to download Windows 10 on a USB stick. But they are the same steps for one method or another.
We leave the process on video in case it is easier for you to follow the instructions from there, since you can see it on your mobile or tablet, just like this tutorial.
- Go back to Windows 10 setup and choose Create installation media and click Next.
- Now another dialog box appears where you have to choose language, edition and architecture (They are already pre-selected for your team, but you can modify them). Then click Next.
- This is where you choose between the USB drive or ISO file to save to DVD.
- The steps are almost identical and the tool guides you through the entire process.
- We have marked USB flash drive. It is important to have a formatted USB on hand with 8 GB of memory minimum.
- Connect the USB and click Next.
- Now it will look for the pendrive and you must select it.
- Downloading the copy of Windows 10 will take more or less depending on the speed of your computer.
- When the process is finishing we will see a dialog box that indicates that the USB flash memory is ready.
- Disconnect the USB from the PC and connect it to another computer. To install Windows 10 on it, run the file and follow the steps on the screen.