11 What’s New in Chrome OS 89 You Should Know About
Chrome OS is updated and implemented a large number of new features that start a new era with this operating system.
Despite how complicated Chrome OS has had to gain a foothold in the market, little by little has settled and with each update it is managing to make this operating system something more powerful and useful. Users with compatible devices see these devices becoming more and more powerful.
For those who do not know what exactly Chrome OS is, this is the operating system that Google has developed based on Linux and the Google Chrome browser. It is mainly based on the cloud, although it is being updated with more functions focused on offline use. This system is usually found on Chromebooks.
Now has just been updated to Chrome OS 89 and has a large number of features new ones that have been compiled in Android Authority and it is worth knowing.
Furthermore, in 2021 Chrome OS celebrates its tenth anniversary and there is no better way to know what it can offer than by echoing all its news.
- Phone Hub is a tool focused on synchronization with Android that allows you to continue browsing right where you left off on your Chromebook on your mobile, among other novelties.
- Optimized screenshot that allows you to narrow the image to the area you want.
- Engrave screen videos in a simple way.
- Pin downloaded files and photos with Tote so they are never lost.
- Better more intuitive buttons and playback control for the most recurring functions.
- Possibility of adding up to 8 virtual desktops to use depending on the moment and divide between leisure and work.
- Quick responses, translations and typing shortcuts thanks to a more dynamic use of the Google Assistant.
- Improved clipboard which remembers the last 5 items copied.
- Control parental that allows greater supervision of the minor’s activity.
- More intuitive accessibility for people with disabilities or special needs.
- New icons easier to identify
These are the highlights of Chrome OS 89, but surely there will be many more to be discovered. In principle, it seems that all of them arrive with the intention to implement something new, not to remove functions, so it will be warmly received.