The best foods for a healthy breakfast
Do you want a better breakfast? So take note of the healthiest foods you can eat in the morning. They provide you with the nutrients and energy you need to face the day in the best possible way.
That breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we have all heard it countless times. Although this is a controversial claim (some experts they consider it a myth and others think that it is a reality), the truth is that, since it offers us the first contribution of nutrients of the day, it is important to carefully select what we are going to eat to get the energy we need to face the day.
Eating a healthy breakfast has many health benefits, And also, if you want to lose weight, it is proven that eating abundantly at this time eating a light dinner can help you lose weight.
But, What foods should a healthy breakfast include? If you are not sure what to eat for the first meal of the day, here are the best foods for this moment according to science:
- Eggs. Eggs are loaded with nutrients and since they can be cooked in many ways, they are very versatile. They are rich in protein, an important source of choline (a nutrient that promotes brain and liver health), and they also make us feel full to eat fewer calories.
- Greek yogurt. Apart from being a creamy and delicious food, it is rich in protein, helps reduce appetite and some varieties have probiotics that are beneficial for health. Of course, check the label and choose alternatives without added sugar.
- Café. It is the drink that millions of people choose to start their day. Its caffeine content helps us wake up, improving mental performance, mood and alertness. In addition, it is rich in antioxidants. But there are people who shouldn’t take it, so make sure you’re not one of them.
- Green tea. It is one of the healthiest drinks you can have. It also contains caffeine to wake you up and improve your performance, antioxidants, and other health benefits.
- Avena. Oatmeal is one of the best cereals you can have for breakfast. It is rich in beta-glucan fiber, which helps reduce cholesterol levels and increases the feeling of fullness. It also contains plant proteins and antioxidants.
- Fruit. Fruits are an important source of vitamins, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants, so add them to your breakfast.
- Chia seeds. They have become fashionable in recent years thanks to their properties. They are rich in protein and fiber, as well as an interesting source of antioxidants.
- Flax seeds. Flax seeds have also become a trend recently. They stand out for their high content of viscous fiber that helps us feel full longer, can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Walnuts. It is a very nutritious food that helps reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, it promotes the feeling of satiety and improves blood sugar control.
- Queso cottage. It is a protein source that promotes the feeling of satiety and increases the metabolic rate. It can be easily combined with any of the above foods to enjoy a nutritious and delicious breakfast.