How to print from your mobile without using a computer
Digitally speaking, our main exponent, which we use every day is the smartphone. This device has become everything we need to navigate various areas, even leaving aside the fact that they can call. Thanks to all this versatility, there are situations in which it is essential to print a paper document in a more or less surging way. We tell you how to do it.
It may be that you are one of those who think that in order to print anything we need a computer, because it is not like that, since there are ways by which smartphones are able to send the order to the printer by themselves.
We can use default systems it is included third party solutions on our smartphones and, of course, a printer that is compatible with the WiFi system and remote access.
This purpose we are talking about is present both in Android as in iOS, so we can do it regardless of the operating system.
Print from an Android terminal
The vast majority of Android terminals already come with a proprietary printing system, something that is usually in the same place for everyone, but that can vary slightly depending on the customization layer of each mobile brand.
To replace the defunct Cloud Print, from Android 8 Oreo and as a result of an association with Mopria, is offered within the Mountain View system, a fully native remote and wireless printing option.
Thanks to this system we will be able to connect with printers that are on our same WiFi network and print what we need. It is a much simpler and faster way of printing than having to use the computer as an intermediate point.
The way to do this is extremely simple. More or less these steps are similar in almost all Android, although both the place and the name of the options may vary slightly:
- We just have to go to the menu Settings.
- Then click on the section More connections.
- In the window that comes out we will see how there is an option that says Print.
- Entering it is when we must mark as active the Default print service.
Now that we have the printing system up and running, it is time to find out how we can print.
As you will see, simplicity and ease are its two most accurate descriptions:
- We open the document in question with the application that is, for example, one that allows us to see both PDF and DOCX.
- In all these applications, such as the Google PDF viewer, there is an option within the menu that says Print, which we must press.
- Once done, knowing that the printer is on and on the same network, it should appear as an option on the phone, so we just have to select it.
Third-party printing on Android
Another option that we have in Android is to carry out this printing task from the mobile using third party apps.
For example, many printer brands advise you to install their own programs with which you will be able to print remotely. The negative part is that it only works for printers of that brand and normally all of them work with the standard Google system.
This means that, if we do not have it activated, as we have already taught you, these apps may not work correctly.
We can always install applications like Mopria Print Service to get them to work with multiple types of printer brands at the same time, something that will be a huge advantage, especially if we use more than one printer and from a different manufacturer.
Once we have installed this application, we must activate the printing service, that is, we must return to Settings, soon More Connections and then enter Print, so that we can activate the new tab that comes out of Mopria Print Service.
To print any document with this system we only have to choose Mopria Print Service to be able to print them.
That is, we must follow these simple steps:
- We open the document, PDF or DOCX to give you an example, with the app that you deem appropriate.
- We select where to put Print to then see how the system itself looks for printers compatible with Mopria Print Service, being our standard.
- Only we choose the one we want and we will have our printed document.
Print from an iPhone
From the iPhone terminals owned by Apple we can also print wirelessly and remotely any document we need.
We must make sure that the printer we have is compatible with the sistema AirPrint (native system of Apple terminals), in addition to the fact that the iPhone and the printer are connected on the same network.
To achieve this, the steps are very easy, you just have to do the following:
- We open the app with which we want to print the document, taking into account that not all of them are compatible with AirPrint, so we must make sure first.
- To find the print option, we must click on the app’s sharing icon (response icon or sharing icon) or click on the three horizontal dots.
- Now we are scrolling down to the icon printer or Print, to then press it.
- At this moment we press Select printer to immediately choose an AirPrint-compatible printer.
- We can be the ones to mark how many copies we want to do and other options, like pages that we want to print.
- The last thing will be to press Print in the upper right corner.
These are the ways we can use our smartphone, whatever the operating system, to wirelessly and remotely print any document or photo we want.
As you have been able to read, it is much simpler than you could have imagined at first and it is something that, if your printer is compatible, will be extremely useful in the event of having to print something from the phone urgently.