If your Chrome downloads fail, we will tell you how to fix it
As you all know, the Google Chrome browser is the most used and therefore the one that the vast majority of people use to download any type of file or document. When downloads fail, for a specific reason or for no apparent reason, we can always take an action and thus get everything back to normal.
It is evident that, if we try to download something we need and the download does not respond, that can be a problem, sometimes even serious, because we may be talking about a key document for our work.
So we are going to see some of the mistakes that can appear when we download in Chrome, knowing what is the way to fix it and even when there is no apparent reason for the download not working, we will also have ways to try to fix it.
In many cases the solutions are very simple and you will not have to make big movements to get everything to work as it used to.
Chrome download failures:
If we have a network failure
It may be that we are trying to download a file and a message appears indicating that there is a network failure. Obviously, if we don’t have Internet, it will be impossible to download anything.
To try to fix it we must verify that our Internet connection it’s okay, that is, make sure that the router has the light that indicates that it is on the Internet active. If this is not the case, we can choose to wait for the signal to recover or turn it off, waiting 10 seconds or more before turning it on again.
If after performing this action we continue for a long time without the possibility of the router having internet, there will be no choice but to notify our telephone service operator so that they solve the fault we are experiencing.
We have a full disk
It may be the case that the download with Google Chrome works correctly, but we do not have enough space on the hard disk to download all the information we need. It is something that usually happens in old computers and with little capacity.
But everything can be solved and in this case we can use Windows to get more space on the disk drive where we must save the downloaded.
For that we do the following:
- We open the Windows File Explorer and we go to the unit in which we want to recover space.
- At that moment we must click with the right mouse button and choose Properties.
- Then we will see a button at the bottom right where it says Free up space.
- Now we have to be the ones let’s choose what we want to delete of all the options that are presented to us. After that we click on To accept and Windows will be in charge of erasing everything that we have put in it.
The file does not exists
Sometimes, when we are going to download a file, the system itself returns a sign stating that the file has not been found. That it is not our problem directly, nor our Google Chrome.
Actually, it is because the place where we want to download the file does not have it, it has been deleted or that website has closed directly.
All this means that, if it is a job file, we must request to be hung up again, since for some reason it no longer exists.
If it is an external file from a website, we can choose to ask the webmaster hang it up again, since it is no longer operational.
If it says Download blocked
If we read the Download blocked sign, this usually means that we have this type of action disabled in settings Internet security.
To solve it we have to follow these steps:
- In the task bar we are going to write inetcpl.cpl and click Enter.
- Now let’s see that we have a tab called Security, place where we must go.
- We will see that in the Internet area we can click on the button Custom level.
- At this moment we will downloads and then we enable File download.
- The next thing we should do is go to Miscellany.
- Then we will Run unsafe files and applications and we mark the option Ask (recommended), to finish by pressing To accept.
They are not downloaded for no apparent reason
If we try to download in Chrome, but they do not download, without any kind of sign, or any reason that we can consider at first glance, it may be due to point errors, which can be solved by performing different very simple tares.
Some of these possible solutions for downloads are:
- Restart the browser or directly Windows: It may be that there has been some kind of conflict that affects the downloads, but that it occurred in a specific way in that session, so restarting the browser and even Windows could be a very effective solution.
- To update: It may be that this error has already been detected by Google or Windows and in the updates that we do not have installed we already have the solution. That is why it is convenient to have both Google Chrome and the fully updated operating system.
- Antivirus: perhaps the culprit for not downloading is the antivirus, because it detects that file as a threat. To solve it, we must make an exception within our protection software to indicate that this file is good and does not contain any type of virus. We will only do this with documents that we are very sure of.
- Chrome extensions: It may happen that one of the Chrome extensions has some kind of conflict with the downloads. To solve this, you would have to disable all the extensions and activate one by one until you find the one that causes the failure.
- The location of the downloads: it may be the case that in the folder where we normally download there has been a conflict, so it is best to change it by entering Chrome Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Downloads and there click on Change.
We hope that with all these solutions you have managed to solve the problem of Google Chrome downloads.
Tell us on our social networks how they have turned out for you.